Monday, December 1, 2008

Don’t Start With Profundities

If there’s anything useful I’ve learned for the past few years, it would be: ‘don’t start with profundities’. I used to be the kind of person who always jumps from one point to another, seldom finishing what I had started. For example, when I am learning microbiology I would ask myself why do I need to learn bout all these bacterias when I know that antibiotics can kill loads of different kinds of ‘em all at the same time? Who cares how thick their cell walls are, or where do they live, or what do they do for a living? Can’t we just skip straight to the fun ‘kill ‘em all!’ part?

So off I go to get a pharmacology book to learn which drug takes care of which. But then again, I’d go “Why did this pill do this to that creature, but not this one? What’s so special bout this one?” So there and back again I was, opening the microbiology book. I just can’t help it! That’s just one example; others are too embarrassing to be displayed online.

Took me awhile to realize it though… It’s not till recent years that I’ve learned about ‘the law of harvest’. You plough, you sow, you water, you reap, you cook, you eat, you wash the dishes, you wipe it dry, you put it back in the cupboard, no not the top one, the middle one! how many times do I have to tell you? you...Alright, that's enough! What I'm trying to say is that there’s no shortcut to it. Start with the basics, and then slowly advance.
Lessons learned, now I’m starting with the basics! For the first few entries of my blog, I’m going to write about the basics: about me and what I like! Sounds like kindergarten journal writing? Who cares…I miss those days! =P

No comments:

Popular Posts