Saturday, January 17, 2009

Experience is the Best Teacher

Yesterday I waited impatiently for today’s Annual General Meeting, where my term as the Head of Public Relations will end. I longed for a good rest from all those student activities. I deserve it. As the Head of Public Relations, I was constantly running from one place to another, answering calls most of the daytime, and checking off 'to-do' list items (which I never run out of). I need to slow down a bit. Slow down to the speed of life. So this morning, I finally got the break I deserve. Yay, freedom is in the air!

But unfortunately, by noon, I was cut off from the air of freedom again. A short election was held, and everyone in the hall (well, most of them. Some others are just ignorant and came over only to have free breakfast and lunch) voted to elect their new leaders. Long story made short, I was elected as the new PKPMI Chairperson. As if I am not traumatized enough by the result, they made me go straight to work! Soon after announcing the results, the former Chairperson said: “Congratulations Lutfi, you're the new Chairperson for PKPMI, now I leave this meeting for you to handle.” I was like: "Whaaaat???"

Me, maintaining my cool as best as I can =P

I didn’t say it out loud, of course. Maintaining my cool as I always do, I went on to chair the meeting. So there I was, handling the meeting to elect other members of the ‘parliament’. So I got myself a Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, etc. How come they don’t get to work instantly? Anyway, I was glad to be elected as the Chairperson intead of another Head of Bureau, because the work of a Chairperson is not as hell. As the name suggest, all a Chairperson does is sit on a chair and order people around all day long. Hehe

So I got my rest for only 30 minutes. It's okay, people say that:

Experience is the best teacher

I know that it won’t be easy. There are expectations to meet. Those people voted for me because they believed in me. Moreover, I may secure 60% of the vote, but I am still left with 40% of the student population that wishes someone else is the Chairperson. I need to convince those people too. I am not trying to satisfy each and every student, because that’s just impossible. Realistic goals, I must set. I don’t have many plans in mind right now. That’s because my mind is currently focusing on the exams next week and my trip to the United States next month. But I do know that there's a whole new experience ahead of me, and I hope it will make me a better person in the future =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah wah.. haha nk order2 org je ye.. seronok nmpk :P

Anonymous said...

hehe..
congratulations! =)

AdlineLime^-^Tea said...

hui~!!!
bahagia nmpk nyer...ko mmg suke pd mic..hehehe...yg penting...x de 'naib' kt ctu...hihihi...
btw..u hv being tagged!!!check blog noi...

nur_aishah said...

SAlam..
Thanks for the comment& becoming my follower..

Glad my burden has gone.I'm no longer the Head of Information Bureau..if i have another year at UNPAD, maybe they elect me for something.Happy it didn't..I'm Glad to go home(Malaysia)..earlier than u..LOL (",)

Well Opie, i think the chairperson job suits u best..If YDP, it will be too much for you.
You can do it! the mic loves u.hehe
U r good in giving speeches...
GOOD LUCK!

Popular Posts